Bloglovin Pinterest Tumblr Twitter

Monday, 10 February 2014

Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream In Fandango Purple

£4.99 Avaiable At Superdrug  Here
Hello lovelies, I love a good lip cream especially ones that are matte! I spotted this in superdrug a few months ago and thought I would give my thoughts on it since there are some good points yet unfortunately some bad which may put people off. 

First off I can't deny that this stuff is amazingly pigmented for the price and seriously it don't budge! Also this is an amazing colour to wear if your going out and want a really bright lip to sort of stand out of the crowd, the colour is so pretty its a vibrant pinky, purple with blue undertones and sets on the lips in a matte velvety texture. Also one thing to note is that this stuff drys super fast I mean supppper fast you have to be careful where you place it because it sets and it wont come off unless you use make up remover even then there is sometimes a purple hint, so have cotton buds with make up remover at the ready when applying. I wore this and it lasted about 4 hours until it went very dry and faded into a dry stain. 


Which leads me on to the biggest down side, it is very drying! and although matte creams tend to be on the drying side, this is a bit too dry for my liking, so exfoliation and a moisturizing lip balm is a must before you put this on or this will settle in the cracks of your lips which ruins the whole matte lip look.

But if you properly prep your lips for this product at £4.99 I think this is an amazing colour that won't break the bank. 

What do you think of this product? 


19 comments:

  1. Wow ! It's so matte and pigmented, exactly what I'm always looking for !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour of this is amazing! It's a shame that the product is drying though x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Its so sad I really wish it wasnt soo dry x

      Delete
  3. I really like this colour! It's shame it's so drying, but for a fiver you can't really argue :-)

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know i really wish it wasn't so dry but yeah your right its worth the money :) xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful color! I hate how drying matte products can be ): xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its such a shame when the colour is so pretty xx

      Delete
  5. Oh my I love the shade of this! Definitely going to buy this tomorrow! X
    the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you ever tried the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams? They have a similar texture/finish but aren't that drying :)

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard about them al ot but havent tried them yet thanks for reccomendation im defo going to try get my hands on them xx

      Delete
  7. I love these uber matte liquid lipsticks. I also agree with Jordan, the NYX Soft Mattes aren't drying x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too they look so pretty, and im defo going to have to try get my hands on the nyx ones they seem to sound like they tick all the boxes xx

      Delete
  8. I love this colour! And its the perfect matte aswell need this in my life lol xxxx
    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this looks so stunning and incredibly pigmented! Shame it's drying, but £5 is such a great price. x

    Kathryn | effievanity (giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing colour , suits you perfectly xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, feel free to ask me anything :) Don't be shy to leave your link below and I will check you out xx